Friday, May 31, 2013

New work

In the last month, I've started to shoot at an earlier period of dusk which is opening up results in my long exposure seascapes. The image below represents a recent capture. Besides basic raw processing, there is no fancy Photoshop work here. I am asked the Photoshop question frequently and although I have no issue with Photoshop (in fact I am a huge fan) I have not found it necessary with the current series. I'm more interested in creating surreal scenes within the camera not in post-processing. In the photo below, I'm interested in how the water begins to melt away and renders as a white landscape.  I also find the numerous signs, flattened by my 70-200mm lens, enhance the depiction of this other-wordly environment. Does this place really exist? Where are we? How does this photograph relate (or not) to the rest of the series taken mainly at night?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment