Saturday, February 23, 2013

February Check-in

It's a busy time in the studio and on the academic front.
  • January residency summary is posted on the blog.
  • First research paper on this residency's critical theory class "The Archive" drafted. I pulled mostly from the reading below Sven Spieker's "The Big Archive." I'll post final paper soon.
  • Submitted, prepared, printed, and framed 4 images for Pauahi Tower show "Light." I'm looking forward to being apart of this endeavor organized by David Belhke, Koa Gallery Director.
  • Finalized this year's "Art and Poetry" show date at 39 Hotel featuring my high school student's artwork involving the theme of paradise and/or myths of paradise. Write Friday, April 19th in the books!
  • Working steadily on new seascapes.  I'm working with my 70-200mm to focus on small details on the horizon instead of the vast landscape. I'm also charting my latitude/longitude at each location in an effort to better track my location and shooting direction. As I anticipate a lot of traveling this spring, I'm interested in looking at this information and considering how the images relate based on their geography and what specific horizon they point toward.
  • Finally started shooting sketches for the non-paradise postcards. Bringing the postcard project to life has been a learning process. I'm finding that the more I do in pre-production, the better the overall shoot results. This type of photographic style (staged, cinematic) is new to me and I anticipate learning how to overcome various new obstacles as I move through my project ideas. They are not where I want them to be yet but I am learning with each run.
Images at Pauahi Tower for hanging
Framed Prints


No comments:

Post a Comment